Carnival Glory: Drive down to Fl. & Hotel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Cape Canaveral
November 1st 2008
Published: November 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here we are sitting in beautiful Cape Canaveral Fl. The drive down was great! After making this trip 5 times the sites are all familiar. The bridge near Jacksonville always amazes. We talk and enjoy each others company the entire trip. With 5 kids between us we have a lot to talk about. We don’t even turn on the radio.

We chose to take advantage of Country Inn & Suites “Park and Cruise” program. We pay one hotel fee ($159) and we can leave our car here for the duration of the cruise. They also provide a free continental breakfast which is not bad. The hotel shuttles everyone to the port which is across the street. These types of programs seem to be pretty common here.

We received word on Friday 10-31 that the Carnival Glory was going to be late Saturday. We are asked to be in port at 5:30 PM instead of 1:30 PM. Apparently, someone had a medical emergency onboard Thursday evening or Friday and had to be airlifted off the ship. I hope all is well with them. The hotel has informed us that they will continue to shuttle passengers as scheduled. This means we will be in port at noon. 5 hours EARLY! Luckily, we are hard to rattle and will make the best of it.

Until next update :-)




Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0831s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb