The Final Blog


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Boca Raton
February 27th 2013
Published: February 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This is the final blog as we arrive in London on Friday.

We left Panama on Saturday lunchtime and we are now in Boca Raton, Florida for the R & R part of the trip. So, with that in mind, I can report – pretty much nothing.

No excursions, no funny food, no extreme weather and no crap accommodation. Just a bit of sunshine, a beach and some proper meals.

So instead here is a very brief blog summary on the trip with a few more wildlife photos that we didn't include earlier.

Best Country – we went to 6 overall: Venezuela, terrific variety, great countryside and some fantastic food (this was probably because the local guides were superb and gave us some very good recommendations).

Best single location: Cartagena des Indies, Colombia. Brilliant and fantastically atmospheric place with great restaurants.

Best excursion: The first boat safari trip from the ranch in Venezuela. For wildlife (in a single location) the ranch was fantastic - you didn’t have to look for it, it was all around you all the time and close up.

Worst location: Panama: Boiling hot and a mass of concrete.

Most stupid person met: The American who threw a sealed bottle of water to a wild jungle monkey because he thought it looked like it wanted a drink.

Most unusual food: Bar-B-Qued lavae bugs (in the Amazon)

After 6 weeks of schlapping about all over the place with 11 flights, countless car journeys and different beds every few nights we are now ready to come home.

We miss family and friends and are looking forward to seeing everyone once we are back.

We hope you enjoyed reading the blog!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb