Vacation 2013 -- Connecticut


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Connecticut » Niantic
July 19th 2013
Published: July 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

2013

We will drive from Bismarck to Minneapolis. Our layover is in Detroit and we land in Providence. We will be in the Niantic/East Lyme/Mystic area of Connecticut and driving to several sites. Our hope is to actually spend some time in Rhode Island as well so I can "check it off my list"

The Huska familyThe Huska familyThe Huska family

This is us at Christmas time...more pictures to follow.
Well, the airplane tickets have been bought. Creating the blog and before we know it August 8th will be upon us. This is my third trip to Connecticut and the kids' second. Since Michael has grandparents that lived there, that was where summer vacations were spent in his youth.

We were in CT in 1996 for the first time as a couple. We were newly married and drove out there with his parents and two younger siblings, who were still in high school at the time. Lots of rain that time and we went in June -- brr was the water cold!!

Last time we set foot on CT soil was August 2002. At that time, Michael's entire family met in Connecticut -- back to their roots. As they are spread out across the nation, it was a wonderful time. Michael hadn't seen some of his cousins for almost 20 years, I met lots of them for the first time. Jacob was 6 and Emma was 1. This time they should have more fun and it shouldn't be as much work for us.

I love the planning stage of vacations -- love digging on the internet to find those hidden away places. Haven't really spent too much time on it yet -- other summer plans have been priority, but I'm ready now. We go to the ND State Fair today and tomorrow and then I'm hitting the computer!

See you on the 8th!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb