Colorado Trip 2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
May 1st 2010
Published: March 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Once again lucky to have Colby travel so that I can tag along and do fun stuff while he works hard! Bwahahaha!

But on to Colorado, specifically the city of Denver to be exact. Its a great city I am sure but I'm starting to feel like I can't do the alone thing anymore. I wish I had someone to tag along with me. Denver is a nice enough city with plenty of shopping and strolling but that isn't really my thing.

I took the first moment I could to sneak away to Rocky Mountain National Park. You have to pass through Boulder to get there and the scenery is nice. Lots of rolling foothills before you get there. The park itself is amazing! I was happy to still be able to see snow on the mountains but I wish I could of know since all I had was a light jacket. I forgot that the Texas heat in May doesn't reach over here. Its still cold up in the mountains!

The snow made Bear lake spectacular! The lake was frozen over and covered with snow. I wanted to run around and enjoy the scene but I had no proper boots so my pants and shoes and socks got really wet and freezing really quick.

I toured the remainder of the park as much as I could. I saw its peaks, valleys, streams, and lakes in their grand splendor. I even got to see a hawk swoop down and clutch a poor bunny with its talons. But hey, that's nature right? I also saw a lot of elk, or weird cow-moose hybrids, not sure what they were.

The following day I head south of Denver to the Garden of the Gods, an erosion fanatic's dreamland. The difference between the grey and white Rocky Mountains and the red rocks of Garden of the Gods is striking. I wish I could have spent more time hiking between the rock formations.

Later that night Colby and I ventured out into the mountains and accidently ran into the old mining town of Central City and a casino. While Colby won us some big bucks on the Pompeii machine I headed outside and enjoyed the gently falling snow with the mountains and casino neon lights in the background. I'd love to come back to this place sometime!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Rocky Mountain national ParkRocky Mountain national Park
Rocky Mountain national Park

Best place on Earth!


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb