Relaxin and Groovin in Colorado


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
August 10th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

August 9th-12th

Wendi and Scott have two children, Aimee (6) and Toby (almost 4). All in all, this was a wonderful stop for us. Our kids had a ball with the Stewart Children. In addition, Wendi and Scott have two chickens (Annie and Clarabelle), two dogs (Lucy and Chili), and two guinea pigs (didn’t catch the names) and one beta fish (maybe has a name). The chickens are extremely used to being handled, so our kids carried around chickens and collected eggs every morning with Aimee and Toby. In addition, Wendi and Scott have remodeled their home to include a ball pit and a climbing wall in the basement. It was really nice to have a break, be with good friends, have a home with a working kitchen and toys, and have a porcelain toilet (as Joe says). We parked our camper in their driveway, and essentially shared their home with them for a few days.

Over the weekend, we had many great times with the Stewart’s. They are great hosts. They babysat for us while we went to a concert at Redrocks, took the kids out to a pancake breakfast one morning and let us sleep in, and Scott even took all 5 kids swimming by himself. I will never forget Scott attaching two Burley trailers to his bike, and pulling Aimee, Toby, Elise and Simone while Ethan rode his bike next to him. We also went to Sunset Pool with the Stewart’s and had a rocking good time on the slides and diving boards. The last night we were there, they had a dinner party and we ate in their backyard with 3 other families and their kids. Wendi even bought a cake for Elise, and we had birthday cake and sang to her. We had an absolutely wonderful time with them, and I often joked that it was the best hotel anyone could ask for.

In addition, we got to go to a String Cheese Incident concert with Jim and Marty Gasner, and their friend Amy (Yes Marty, you made the blog). The concert was at Redrocks, which I consider to be the most beautiful concert venue in my experience. Redrocks is an outdoor ampitheatre set in the hills of Colorado outside Denver, cut out of redrocks and lined by red rock boulders (flatirons). You can see the lights of Denver at night while watching the concert. We danced for almost 4 hours with our dear friends the Gasners. It was wonderful to see them, and I am so thankful that we were able to share some time with them in Colorado.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb