White's T Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Walsenburg
July 16th 2013
Published: July 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

ElohimElohimElohim

This radiator shop in Dodge City was closed.
July 16th, 2013. 10:00pm

Left motel in Dodge City, KS. @ 7:30am. Our destination was Walsenburg, CO. 282 miles. Our total miles so far, a week into the trip, is 2065 miles. We finally left Dodge City @ 8:00am after looking for a radiator repair shop to repair leak and none to be found that was open. The leak kept getting worse and a gallon of water had to be added after every 25-30 miles. We were getting desperate and knew we had to find a radiator shop when we got to Garden City, KS. We went right to Jake's Radiator shop which we'd found on line only to find him closed. We called his number and got the answering machine, meanwhile a man walked up to us, saying he followed us to talk to us because he has a 1923 Model T Touring. Doug, our new found friend found a radiator shop in the yellow pages called Radiator City and told us to follow him to it. He is a Christian and we truly feel GOD sent him our way. He stayed with us and took Jacque to the NAPA store twice for parts he needed for the fan.
CattleCattleCattle

Cattle Feed Lot on the road to Walsenburg, Co.
Meanwhile, Larry from Radiator City said he would repair our radiator and have us on the road again. We feel so blessed to have such nice people cross our paths. After a 2hr 15min delay we were once again heading for Walsenburg. It was cool, over cast and very windy. Winds blew from the south. We had to stop just before Lakin, KS. and put the front side curtain on the driver's side to stop the wind from coming in and ripping out the rear curtains which we'd put on since it was cold. A few hours into the ride, the sun came out and the wind died down. We were happy to reach our motel in Walsenburg, CO., getting there by 6:00pm. We had crossed another time zone which was to our advantage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Radiator Radiator
Radiator

Doug-found Radiator City, Larry-repaired radiator and Jacque- so relieved.
Removing radiator Removing radiator
Removing radiator

Start removal of radiator.
RadiatorRadiator
Radiator

Waiting to be repaired.
ReplacedReplaced
Replaced

All finished, what a relief.
Final touchFinal touch
Final touch

Adding water and we should soon be on the road.
Mission accomplishedMission accomplished
Mission accomplished

Mae and Jacque with Larry, got us on the road again
A new found friendA new found friend
A new found friend

Mae and Jacque with Doug from Garden City who saved the day.
KansasKansas
Kansas

Beautiful sky in Kansas.
ColoradoColorado
Colorado

Mae with our 1913 Model T Ford at the Colorado Border Sign.
Colorado Colorado
Colorado

Jacque and his T will soon be in Colorado
BikersBikers
Bikers

A group of 9 bikers riding, on our way to Walsenburg, Co.
Santa FeSanta Fe
Santa Fe

On the Santa Fe Trail.
CloudsClouds
Clouds

Beautiful Colorado Sky.
Wind MillsWind Mills
Wind Mills

Overcast sky over a windmill farm at 6265ft. above sea level.
HousesHouses
Houses

New houses in the wide open spaces of Colorado.


17th July 2013

Glad your back on the road again. Welcome to the West, beautifull country ahead, enjoy !!!!!
17th July 2013

God is ALWAYS good
It is exciting to see how God is with you, which of course He promised to be, and how He puts the right people in your path. Before we call He answers. Trip sounds exciting. Hope the problems are over and the rest will be dry, cooler, and trouble free. New couple in church 2 weeks now. Very nice folks that will fit in nicely if they continue and we pray they will.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb