Catching you up.......


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Thornton
July 10th 2014
Published: July 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Yes, we are still on the road and I have been terrible about keeping you up to date about what we have been doing and where we have been. So I will give you a snapshot of what has been going on with us. Here goes:

Last time you heard from us we were in Van Buren, MO with the flooding. We left there and headed to Branson for a few days. It was nice there and we saw a few shows and dried out and cleaned up the Coach. Branson has changed since the last time we visited there. There are a lot of places that are closed and for sale and the shows that we went to see were not even half full. I know that this is not their "peak" season but we spoke to many people who said that the tourists have really dropped off and so many artists have stopped coming to perform due to lack of attendance. They are trying to "reinvent" themselves to appeal to a more broad base of ages so guess we will have to see what happens. Hope it works out for them because there are so many grand venues there it would be a shame for it to all close down and go away.

From there we traveled through Kansas to Colorado and settled in Keenesburg, CO at our good friends Alan and Di's place. They have a wonderful spread there in the country with a few "shops", a pond stocked with fish, paddle boats, and of course a very nice house. They also have RV hook-ups for their friends who bring their own houses. We had a great time hanging out with them and meeting a lot of their friends who stop by to visit. There is always something going on. Alan is the nephew of our friend Neil who lives in Idaho and he and his wife Sherry came over on Wednesday with another good friend Jim as we all were going fishing in Wyoming on Friday. (See what I mean about it being a gathering place!) I will blog about that trip on it's own as it merits it's own page I think.

We had a wonderful time at Alan & Di's and we look forward to seeing them again soon. The pictures are of Alan and Di's place before we took of for our trip to Wyoming. It is a great place. 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



28th July 2014

are you coming back through Idaho?
We are home except for 2 days this month we'd love to have you camp in our driveway

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb