Day 16 - August 15th - Dodge City, KS - Pueblo, CO


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Pueblo
August 15th 2012
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we had an easy day. We slept in and left Dodge City around 8am. We didn't realize how much of a slaughter town this was until today. We noticed the slaughter house on our way into town and as we were leaving, there was truck after truck for hours filled with beef on their way to the slaughter house. We came across several feed yards (the smell was soooo gross) that were loading the beef onto these trucks. It was crazy. We also went by the Tyson plant....this makes me want to go buy a local beef and freeze it!

Anyway...we stopped along the route at Bent's Old Fort National Historic Site. It was a fort along the Santa Fe Trail that was used by people who needed a rest and fur trappers selling their trappings...It was made adobe style and actually very cool on the inside.

Once we left the fort, we went and found our hotel in Pueblo, Colorado. It was a nice day out and we laid by the pool for a few hours. It didn't feel very warm out and we enjoyed the sunshine. My mom informed me later, that it was really 106! I guess it doesn't feel so hot because there is no humidity in the air!

We are off today to another National Park...can't wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb