Mesa Verde


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cliff PalaceCliff PalaceCliff Palace

View of Cliff Palace on the way down on the tour
No traveling today - - just a great visit to Mesa Verde National Park. Weather was windy and sometimes a little chilly. Sky was really clear due to the front that moved through here yesterday. Gena & I unhooked the Jeep from the trailer and went to the park alone (Charlie & Kerry have already been to this park and neither one of them were up for any long walks) Since we had Mo with us and couldn't leave him alone in the car or take with us on the trails and tours, we each signed up for a different guided tour. That worked out really well. Gena went on the Cliff Palace tour of the largest of the cliff dwellings. I went on the Balcony Hous Tour. That required lots of ladder climbing, crawling through an 18" wide, 30" high 12' long tunnel to get out. It is amazing how many of these dwellings are there, how big they are and that the Ancestral Puebloans only lived in these buildings for about 80 years. While we were at the park, Charlie put together a chicken & salsa crock pot dinner for us. It was really good!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



21st May 2010

Nice
I look forward to the day that I can explore the old West. MVNP looks beautiful and I could use some chilly weather right about now! Be safe and have a great time.

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb