Hopi Dancers & Nelson Pruitt


Advertisement
Published: August 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: dancers 69 secs
On July 4th we went to the amphitheatre and watched some people from Arizona dance. The little guy is 4 years old. He has made great strides in his dancing abilities. Last year he took about a half dozen steps then laid down on a rock and went to sleep. It looks like the girl on the right closed here eyes just as I took the photo, but she is really in a dance induced trance. Notice the Tribal Elder with a collection plate in the background. I slipped her a 5.
Later that day we went into Cortez. We were invited to a picnic at a friend’s house. A character by the name of Nelson Pruitt was there. If you Google “maury povich nelson pruitt” you will be directed to a 7 min. YouTube video which will give you a clue as to what I was in for on that day. We visited a good long while. When it was time to go Nelson asked me where we were headed next. I told him that we were going to 30 Mile Campground. I had a strange feeling that I had not seen the last of Nelson Pruitt.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



3rd August 2009

Two Questions and One Comment
First: Does this picture show that Nelson grew back his beard after the Maury Povich show? 2: What about the cow bell contest? Is there a winner? E: Contributing to Native Americans only encourages them to live a state of dependant welfare. Haven't you ever heard that saying about "Give a Native American a $5 bill and you booze him for a day. Teach a Native American how to earn a $5 bill and you booze him for a lifetime"?
3rd August 2009

Not only did Nelson grow his hair back, but he sold his false teeth for $100 as soon as he got home. As to the contest, would you care to enter? I didn't give that woman $5, I gave her 5 cents.

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb