Day 4 - August 3rd - Laramie, WY - Golden, CO


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Golden
August 3rd 2012
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Started out early this morning, but couldn't figure out why my parents were not showing up for breakfast. Apparently, they were locked in their room! The rooms lock broke and they couldnt get out! After that fiasco, we were back on the road. Our next stop was Estes Park, Colorado. This is a beautiful, but very busy and touristy town outside of the Rocky Mountain National Park. We made a quick stop at the visitor center and headed for the Fall River entrance. We were told by the ranger that we could find nice picnicking just up the road. We were able to get a spot and have a nice lunch and then back on the road through the park we went. It was absolutely beautiful! The mountains and the glaciers were stunning. The pictures do not do it justice. We were even treated to spotting the Rocky Mountain sheep. Once we made our trip through the park, we headed towards our next destination of Golden, Colorado. We have a big day tomorrow with the Coors Brewery and Fort Stanton. We have visited 4 states so far!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



4th August 2012

Awesome!!
Wow, really nice pictures! Crazy lockout for the folks, guess it adds to the adventure huh? Guess they will be taking the crowbar into the room from now on:-) Leroy has nice rays in the sky behind him, and I suppose Mason is sporting a Duck hawk? Thanks Alisha, we really enjoy your blogging!
14th August 2012
Papa in front of Long's Peak

thanks again for the beautiful pics. Didn't your mom go? No pics of her yet. She is probably too busy trying to stay cool. Hey, when did Megan get so darn tall? Guess it has been a long since I have seen her. Oh, and you look great!! your mom told me about your weight loss- - - looking good!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb