The Start of Jeff & Izzy's Most Excellent Adventure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
October 5th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Irvine to Denver 9/6/08 - 9/8-08


Great Circle Loop RouteGreat Circle Loop RouteGreat Circle Loop Route

Our trip plan for 2009
It doesn't seem possible that we have been retired for almost 2 months now, and starting on our long awaited adventure. I haven't been very good at keeping in touch. The intent is to have this blog do that... give you some ideas as to our location and timing for you to visit us along the way.

Jeff and I rented our house In Irvine, CA on Sept 6th and scrambled to move our belongings out on time for the new family to pull up with thier moving truck. We hugged our neighbors goodbye and drove off in our van with our dog, Ben, and a trailer attached to the back with all the things we might need on a boat for a year or two.

We're in Denver now visiting with our daughter and son-in-law, and soon will be heading across the country visiting with family and friends on our way to Ft. Laudeerdale in search of the perfect trawler for our journey. We'll also be stopping at Annapolis for the boat show on Oct 16 -19, as well as in Tennessee to look at one we've been watching for a few months on line.

The past couple of days we've been watching our mutual funds and stocks dwindle, so our boat choices have changed a little. Keep your fingers crossed that the economy turns around and we can all enjoy retirement sometime! The boat search continues...maybe smaller now!

Keep in touch and come and visit!
Here's the map of our route, starting in March from Ft. Lauderdale, FL



Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb