Democratic National Convention


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
August 30th 2008
Published: August 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello Friends!
It has been a while since we have sent anything out, but this past week we were able to attend the Democratic National Convention and I have some pictures to share.
Mike and Linda (Sean's parents) came to Denver last weekend to visit and to be apart of this exciting politically historical time. They were so kind to find tickets to Barack's speech and then hand them over to Sean, myself, Katie, Dana and Richie. Mike and Linda stayed home with Cecelia to allow Courtney and Dave to come, too. How lucky we all are to have such selfless people in our lives and to have this memory forever.
The event was incredible. The crowd was sooo excited and proud to be apart of this great country. The speeches and performances were also incredible. Barack's speech was so informative. Go Obama!
Otherwise, Sean and I are in a new apartment near our jobs and spend our off time on the deck or in the pool. Sean is working again as a nanny. I am working as the aquatic director at the Jewish Community Center of Denver. We both enjoy or jobs and soaking up the Colorado sunshine.
Last month, we were able to travel to New York City to see Ferg and Nora married in a beautiful ceremony at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. There were so many current and past Chicagoans there we practically took over any place we went. It was great to see so many friends and to wander NYC.
It seems that September will be a month of visitors and we couldn't be more excited. I hope any or all of you will come to visit too. Sean says, "If you live in the states you get one free month in our spare bedroom, if you live abroad, you get two."
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, COLLEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Our new address is:
Sean and Rachel Brown
833 Dexter St
#207
Denver, CO 80220



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb