From dry canyons to forrest


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Since our last update we have moved through

Bryce Canyon
Zion Canyon
Then back into California for
Sequoia NP
Kings Canyon NP
Yosemite NP
and drove northward to Klamath and the Redwood forests not far from the Oregon border.

Through much of the last week and a half the weather has been poor, hasn’t rained every day but been pretty dull and overcast and cold and there hasn’t been many visible sunsets or sunrises and this has impacted on the photography. They are all beautiful places worthy of seeing, we just didn’t get to see them at their best.

The landscapes of Bryce and Zion are amazing. Rocky spires formed by erosion and steep canyon walls.

Back in California the thickly wooded slopes of Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Yosemite are a world away from the dry Canyon country we have been in.

In Sequoia we stood beside the General Sherman Tree, the largest living thing on the planet. In Yosemite the granite domes are massive and so are the waterfalls that spill down them. We did a bit of walking in Yosemite as the Motorhome was ill suited to getting around and finding a parking spot as the park is very busy during the day. On the last day Corinne spotted a black bear as we walked along the roadway. We followed along glimpsing him up the slope as he moved along. We lost sight of him for a bit and then he appeared about 15meters before me around a boulder. I turned and told Corinne to back away (she actually did what I told her to do for once) and when I looked back he was looking at me, then he turned and moved off through the rocks and trees obviously not that interested. Unfortunately I missed the close up shot.

We are now in Klamath and our next move is to head south down the California coast finishing back in LA on the 13th of June to drop off the motorhome and pick up our flight up to Alaska.

About 2.30pm today and haven’t seen the sun yet and it is pretty cool. For the first time since we have been in the van we tried to get the TV working but couldn’t get a signal.

You can click on any of the images to get a bigger version.

Cheers
Brett and Corinne



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



2nd June 2009

Does a bear ?
Shame about the weather, not much warmer over here !!! Good Photos anyway KJ
3rd June 2009

Enjoying the updates
Once again great photos. Looking forward to the ones from Alaska as we will be heading there next year. Is the motor home very big? Enjoy the rest of your trip.
6th June 2009

Loving the photos!
Hey you two, Loving the pictures Brett - nice work! I'd love to visit some of the places you've been to one day, so you're making me rather envious (especially in the cold Melbourne weather - and I'm too scared to go outside because of the flu!) Speak to you soon and enjoy Alaska xxx

Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 72; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb