Lone Pine - Oakdale (Yosemite National Park)


Advertisement
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up for our standard complimentary breakfast around 9am and enjoyed stuffing our faces in preparation for the day. Fully fuelled, we headed north from Lone Pine to Bishop and then a small town called Lee Vining. Once we reached this quaint and limited town we drove into the Yosemite National Park!

Unfortunately we had to pay an entrance fee once more. However, after just a few minutes we had seen some fantastic scenery. We decided to make the most of our trip into the National Park and picked a short trek to complete. It was only 1.3 miles but felt a great deal longer as it was uphill but mainly because we hadn't participated in any excercise for a long while! Once we reached Dog Lake we were very impressed by the views and after a short time spent enjoying the serenity, we made our way back to the car.

The walk had tired us out and we stopped only once more to take some photos on our way to the otherside of the park. After exiting the park, Dale drove a short distance to the nearby town of Oakdale. We checked into a hotel which conveniently had a Subway directly opposite. After dumping our bags, it was a short (daring) run between traffic to get our sandwiches.

In the evening, we made the most of the indoor pool and spa before retiring for a relatively early night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb