West Coast Day 15


Advertisement
Published: October 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We wake to a lovely crisp morning, have some breakfast, make a picnic lunch and make our way to Glacier Point and the views are breathtaking with waterfalls cascading down the mountain sides and massive canyons for miles, we take lots of photos, it's spectacular and makes you feel so small! We make our way down to the main Yosemite Village to visit Mirror Lake, we park the car in the village and Steve says 'we could probably walk, it's not that far', I tell him of a free shuttle bus and we agree to take it and it's just as well because it was a 10 minute ride on the bus and then another 20 minute walk to the lake, it reminds me a little of Badgers Weir in the Dandenong's, Victoria with its brambling brooks. It's a great walk to the lake and we arrive we sit by the lake and have some lunch and as we are eating there are 2 little squirrels playing close by, they come right up close and these guys are so cute! Steve & I take some photos and enjoy our leisurely afternoon basking in this beautiful Park. We travel back to our room and have an early night. Another early nite. Weather......... Cool.

Accommodation: The Scenic Wonders

7540 Henness Circle

Yosemite West



Thoughts: The room was cheaper than staying in main Yosemite and it is not far from the Glacier Point turn off. The brochure online was out-dated and we had the idea implanted that you would possible see deer outside of your room in the morning. There has been a lot of clearing going on what I would imagine would have been the vegetated side, all in all a bit disappointing in that respect. I didn't mind the room, but I'll sleep anywhere, but I don't think I'd stay there again.



Mirror lake and Glacier Point are the "Must Do",the walk to Mirror lake is a nice stroll and well worth the trip.We took a picnic lunch with us and it was a great idea,I'd recommend it.The views at Glacier Point are well worth it and there are facilityies at the car park with food.drink and ice creams etc.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Thats a rockThats a rock
Thats a rock

In the next pic you'll see hikers/climbers on top
Long walkLong walk
Long walk

If you look,you can see hikers/climbers on the top
Mandy ChillingMandy Chilling
Mandy Chilling

Stopping for lunch


Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb