Paying It Forward in Northern California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Weed
June 4th 2014
Published: June 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We’ve been driving up to the very northern part of California for claims again; driving up and inspecting on one side of I-5 one day and the other side the next day. This has been going on since returning from Canada. Since we have been doing this for awhile we’ve found some favorite restaurants, one being the Hi-Lo which is associated with the hotel of that name.

Most trips have been fun but nothing really remarkable, and with working so much there really hasn’t been anything to blog about.

So we went up and this time stayed at the Hi-Lo hotel so we could just walk to our room after dinner.

1st a little about the restaurant; it is a real local place, everyone knows each other. It is really a fun place for a meal and the BBQ is really good.

So this time we went to the back and found a place by the large rear windows with a view of Mt. Shasta. 2 families were seated at the next table, each with a couple of kids. At the table on the other side of the families was a single woman, eating alone.

Now I’m not real big on kids so don’t see them most of the time, even when they are right in front of me. But these kids were really well behaved and as the parents left I told them so. The 2 families left and we spoke with the woman by herself. We just talked about how nice the people are that that restaurant.



As we spoke the waitress came up to the woman and asked if she’d like desert. The woman said no, and then the waitress said well you must get dessert. The waitress went on to say that the 2 families had paid for her entire meal plus dessert. Needless to say, the woman was so moved by this she started to cry. She explained that she’d had an appointment that was very difficult and the families were so kind. She’d talked to their children while they were waiting for dinners to arrive. By then all of us were in tears.

What a nice way to end our meal. But it also reminds us to make sure we do some random act of kindness once in awhile.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.45s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb