Work, French cut chops and Catching Fire


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Temecula
March 14th 2014
Published: March 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The next three days were pretty uneventful. I worked all day, we had lunch, took a walk. The weather seems to have a pattern. It was overcast in the morning, cleared up with bright sunshine and blue skies by noon. In the afternoon the wind would really pick up and by dusk it would be calm again. On Wednesday night we went to Karl Strauss for dinner. it was so good. We sat outside on the heated patio. Ken had a delicious caesar salad that he ended up sharing with me-it was so good! I had a mixed green salad that was just ok. We shared a dinner: French cut pork chops (my fav), steamed green beans and broccoli. It also came with yummy mashed potatoes that I passed on. It is a micro brewery so Ken tried a couple beers and I had a California Pinot. We will definitely come back here again.

Thursday night we had grilled cod and green beans. It was one of those nights where a piece of fine chocolate would taste so good-none in our possession so we are safe!

We watched 'Catching Fire'. We liked it but thought the first one was better-but they did a great job of setting up the sequel!

We got up this morning, packed up, stopped at Starbucks and headed east. Lunch will be a stop in Yuma. It was a great week. Love California weather but could never live here-refuse to pay the taxes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.453s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.2321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb