Backyard travel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sebastopol
April 23rd 2011
Published: April 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

WineWineWine

Gourmet Au Bay wine flight Bodega Bay, CA
Out of the armchair and into the world I go. Albeit locally, but out of the house nonetheless. I am so lucky to live in this diverse region. I love it here in Northern California. What's there not to like? Living side by side with natural beauty, clean air, kind and kindred people, culturally stimulating choices and a myriad of amazing food and wine. Did I say wine? Yes, wine! It's an Oenophile's delight in this slice of verdant green paradise.

My friend Trever came to visit last week. He's from Utah and has never been to this part of California. One of the highlights was our hike through Armstrong Redwood Forest. Afterwards, we drove along the Russian River to the coast. It was one of those piercingly crystalline days...till we came upon the ocean. When we hit Pacific Coast Highway, the fog greeted us with a heavy blanket of thick mist. It was so revitalizing after working up a sweat in the woods. We pulled into a tiny, cozy spot called "Gourmet Au Bay" and found the perfect nook to sit and enjoy the beautiful view of the bay. The wine flight that we ordered was served surfboard style and couldn't have been a more perfect way to end such a lovely day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb