Santa Cruz


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left for Santa Cruz around noon on Tuesday. As we had stayed at the casino, they gave us $20 for joining their players club. We went in to play it and ended up winning $20 for me and $25 for Glenn. Had a roll and coffee, then G wanted to play cards for a few minutes. He won $100 in about 15 minutes, so this was the most prosperous casino stay by far!!

Arrived in SC around 5pm. Had called the Harbor RV and they had an opening. Got settled in, cleaned the fridge (I know, but it HAD to be done 😊, then visited with our "neighbors". They were 2 couples from the area who had come to camp for the SC marathon last weekend. They were really nice to us, took us under their wing, and gave us LOTS of tips for the Southern Cali areas to visit.

Got up yesterday and strolled down the marina. Beautiful!! And by the time we had coffee, while watching the beach volleyball players (yes, some in bikinis...G was ever so happy!!), the sun was out and it was another gorgeous day!!

Headed up to San Bruno, as G. has a sister who died at birth and is buried in the Golden Gate Nat'l Cemetery there. Got some lunch at BJ's Brewery and then headed back via Highway 1. GORGEOUS!!!!! I was so surprised that along the edge of the coast there were very few houses, some cabbage, pumpkin and miscellaneous veggie patches!! I've learned all along Hwy 1 why the ad says "California Cows are Happy Cows"...I can't believe how many pasture all along the coast!!

We stopped several times to watch surfers, fishermen, etc along the way. Got back to SC and were going to walk the boardwalk, but it was packed with kids, and it's really just an amusement park located right on the beach. Went to the wharf area and had a look there instead...much better!!

G made us a wonderful dinner of Yellowfin Tuna, Shrimp & Scallops...YUM!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



30th July 2010

great!
wow,patti your getting really good at this blog thing!! i love all your pictures..makes me feel good to see you, both.keep up the good job!! love it:)

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb