Campus Photos


Advertisement
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Motivational speaker needed here!Motivational speaker needed here!Motivational speaker needed here!

It's hard to imagine that these men, plus a fifth one that isn't even visible, painted four houses, an administration building, and a swimming pool area. Real hard to imagine....
(The Master's College)

This is the smorgasbord of pictures! They've been taken throughout our stay at TMC, and I want to share them. I think the explanations will suffice!

We are leaving Wednesday morning, as are Dave and Wanda, who are headed to Arizona to spend time in Mexico...in the daylight. They're then headed to South Dakota for the summer. Wayne and Lois are leaving later in the day, and they're headed home to Albertauntil next January. Peter and Marlene will be leaving for home (Saskatchewan) on Friday, and they, too, are done until next January. Kyle and Carolyn are going to spend two more weeks doing volunteer work at the college, which will allow them time to do more sightseeing, as well as giving spring more time to get to Illinois! They're also finished until January.

I think I always say this, but this is a tough spot to leave. I have to say I've grown more, spiritually, on this project than any other. God has certainly blessed us.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Inventory reductionInventory reduction
Inventory reduction

Dave is going through his tools weeding out duplicates, and unnecessary ones (a rare admission for a man!) in preparation for a summer garage sale. Once the others found out that he was selling tools, our pop on the patio turned into a flea market!
Group ShotGroup Shot
Group Shot

Someone wrote about a picture of our group...we didn't get it taken right away, and then I completely forgot to put it on. Kyle & Carolyn (Illinois); Bob & I in back; Wanda & Dave (SD); Peter & Malene (Saskatchewan); Wayne & Lois (Alberta)
Lunchtime entertainmentLunchtime entertainment
Lunchtime entertainment

The road crew was eating lunch and watching a baseball game on campus! Hey, free entertainment.
This tree sits smack dab This tree sits smack dab
This tree sits smack dab

in the road going between the north campus, and the main campus. The road is about a block long, and the tree has the right-a-way. We saw a bumper sticker that says "I'm retired, go [u]around[/u] me." This tree didn't even need to say that!
This seems like a lot for two bucks!This seems like a lot for two bucks!
This seems like a lot for two bucks!

We saw this near Venice Beach.
Spring is sprung.Spring is sprung.
Spring is sprung.

When we came three weeks ago everything was blooming, and since then the blooms have left some of the plants. Everyone says we were here for the prettiest time, because the flowers are fading some already, and by the end of June everything will be brown.
Even the trees are confused. Even the trees are confused.
Even the trees are confused.

Remember the lemon, orange and grapefruit trees that we picked fruit from when we first came? The fruit was sour, and we figured (with our vast knowledge on citrus trees!) that they had cross polunated. Besides the taste, the lemons are nearly orange inside. But any way, I saw this on the orange tree yesterday morning--several green oranges, many orange oranges, and the tree is absolutely covered with buds waiting to flower! Pick a stage, little tree, and go with it!edit delete
Live OakLive Oak
Live Oak

These trees (and Live is the type of tree rather than the physical condition) are protected by the state of California because they're indigenous to the area. They're registered with this kind of metal tag.They even have laws about how much can be trimmed off at any given time. (like they don't have anything better to do?) The thing about them is that they're messy messy messy. The leaves are small~~1"-2" long, and maybe 1/2" wide, with slightly serated edges, which curl under when they're dry, so they grab rugs, or awnings, or whatever they land on. AND they drop their leaves all year long. I wouldn't want one in my yard. Remember the tree in the middle of the road? Guess what kind.


31st March 2008

bare feet
Well, I do believe that you and Bob have been californized. In the photo shot where you are looking at tools I noticed that both of you are barefooted. If you stay there much longer Bob will probably start wearing muscle shirts and cutoffs and you a halter and mini skirt topped off with a big straw hat! Love you. Margo
1st April 2008

Now that's a visual!
One that no one wants in their long term memory!!

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1125s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb