Welcome into the world little boy


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Jake Marcus Tomasi. Jake Marcus Tomasi. Jake Marcus Tomasi.

Born 1st May 2014
After a whirlwind two weeks back home from our trip around Thailand and Malaysia we have arrived in California.

The moment we arrived home I began ploughing through the mountain of post that had arrived while we'd been away, some of it junk mail but lots that needed urgent attention. Add to this the fact that our flight schedule to get here had been completely changed meaning the connections didn't work out any more. After spending over a week on the phone being tossed between Delta Airlines, Air France, and KLM we finally got it sorted out but instead of the nice easy change overs that we'd selected we ended up having to get up before the crack of dawn to get to the airport in Manchester and waiting around in Atlanta for 6 hours. By the time we landed in Los Angeles and collected our luggage it was 11.30pm, we'd been travelling for over 24 hours, as we drove the two hour journey from L.A. to Santa Barbara we were both in danger of falling asleep on the freeway.

No time for jet lag at 7am next morning, Kyla was bouncing around we were thrilled that she had remembered us even though we had not seen her since September last year apart from a few times on Skype.



The main reason for our trip here was to help out with Kyla when Sharon went into hospital to give birth to the second baby.



Well 2 days before he was due, Jake made an appearance into the world. May 1st, 9a., weighing in at 9 pounds 3 ounces. Fortunately Kyla quickly adjusted to Grandma and Grandpa looking after her so it was all good if not hard work!



The last two weeks have been hectic but fun, we even got to go a walk in the mountains today as Scott was home from work so we got a day away from the baby stuff.

We are planning a road trip to see other parts of America in a week or so when things have settled down here so more I'll be posting more then


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.375s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 21; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb