Solvang


Advertisement
Published: August 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

MalibuMalibuMalibu

Searching for our new house - I wish !
Wednesday - Day 4

Well we have moved on and started our road trip. Once again though, up at stupid o’clock, so got on the road early off to Malibu, to look at which ‘summer house’ we would like to buy, we wish! There were some stunners, but so many hidden from public view.

Hubby has actually driven for the first time, but think I better put ‘L’ plates on him if he attempts driving again, & he had the cheek to criticise my driving when I started!

I cannot believe the size of the ‘Outlet’ shopping villages here, they are the size of a small town, not a village, you know it is big when you have to drive the car between the shopping zones; got some bargains though, but would have needed all day if we wanted to visit all of the shops.

Santa Barbara was our next stop, so off to the beach we went, got to paddle my feet in the Pacific Ocean, which was quite warm. Trouble is when you put Hubby by the seaside it brings the kid out in him, (you can take the boy (buhy for you Janners!) out of Honicknowle (Onikno), but you can’t take Honicknowle (Onikno) out of the (buhy) boy !!) he said he wanted ‘fish n chips’ for lunch & I can’t believe that there was actually an English style chippy there, but being America they sold beer as well, sweet I can’t say the food was brilliant, but it filled a hole.

Santa Barbara is a very pretty town, with one very long main street some lovely shops, restaurants etc & drivers who are so courteous, polite & nice.

The drive to Solvang was up some bloody big hills, over 2,100 ft elevation. Found a lovely little farmers market, bought some lovely white skin nectarines & fresh strawberries yum Then we thought it silly, if we didn't go for a wine tasting - even yummier than the fruit we bought, had a great time!

Danish sausage for tea then bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb