Friday 18th May 2012


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early after a good sleep and had waffles for breakfast at the Ramada Inn. We were planning to go to Muir National Park to see the giant redwoods and to try out the hire car and sat nav. The sat nav proved to be a bit of a nightmare to start with as no-one could make sense of what it was telling us and by using Annette's as well we got very lost. Eventually all was sorted and we got to the park. The weather in San Fransisco had been very windy and chilly but in the shelter of the trees and inland it was lovely and we did a trail through the woods and were lucky enough to see this owl waiting to catch his lunch.

We had lunch in the park cafe with chipmunks eating the crumbs and then set off back to book into our second hotel in the town. We detoured through Sausalito but it was rather crowded for stopping although very pretty. We carried on to stop under the Golden Gate Bridge and took some pictures before heading back for a rest before looking for supper.

We walked through Chinatown which was fascinating and saw so many jade shops and lanterns and other sovernir shops.

We finally decided on the Empress of China for our supper and had proper Chinese food. Bob was not impressed by the spicy ginger soup but loved the pork dish. I had proper chow mein which I ate with chopsticks.

Then we wandered back via Union Square to catch up on sleep before an early start to go to Alcatraz tomorrow. Feeling tired on return to the hotel at 9pm asked what the time was in England only to discover it was 5am on Saturday, the following day , no wonder we were feeling tired!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



20th May 2012

Is that your spotted owl picture?
If so its amazing! Like the picture of the giant redwoods although you need a person in the picture to show the giantness!!! Just at yours to do watering and picking up post etc. All fine. Also managed to fit oven part and its all working!!! Lucy

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb