Our very own Hippie Trail


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
January 27th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

That's all for now Folks! We hope you'll be reading our blogs to come on our next little adventures. It was nice to see you enjoyed the Blog as we did too. Sadly we didn't always have internet or were sick and therefore had belated entries. But it was fun and we'll be sure to try again and hopefully even better next time.
The trip was great! We had tremendous fun and will remember all the wonderful, hopefully not so the bad, moments all our lives. We made our way singing, laughing and simply enjoying ourselves through a for us very foreign country. We found new friends, great places and a completely new view of America and Americans.
75 hours and 21 minutes on the road, 4,231.5 miles, 23 days, 14 states and many many great experiences later we achieved our own little adventure that at first everybody just laughed about: “it's a half years drive man!”
It was worth it and maybe no one will ever quite understand why we did it as we did. Perhaps it was just more about the road, more about the way, than the goal. We found out we had a lot of prejudice against Americans that was unaccounted for. Those views are of an entire country and politics etc. That's a topic for itself and has absolutely nothing to do with our trip. But if you really get to know the people, simply Rob, Eileen or Keith, it's a different picture altogether. We were fascinated by how easy it was to communicate, to chat, to laugh and to get along with most Americans we met on our journey. In that way, we discovered a very sympathetic culture. What they lack in food culture they make up for with heart. Of course you meet just as many weirdos and people you don't want to meet in a dark alley as you can elsewhere.
The country and nature were just massively impressing and New York as well as San Francisco are fantastic cities! We don't regret a thing, well maybe eating in Tombstone. But we wouldn't do anything different a second time around and we are so glad we just had this silly little idea and said “what the hell?” and just did it!
Sad the road ends here, but we'll find a new one soon enough and until then we are looking forward to friends, family, our cat Jette, our beautiful hometown Hannover and good food of course 😉
Bye America, c u and thanx!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb