San Fran day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
February 24th 2007
Published: February 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Surfers under the golden Gate BridgeSurfers under the golden Gate BridgeSurfers under the golden Gate Bridge

DanĀ“s moody images black and white session!
After a tiring day yesterday and with tired feet today, we started off procedings a little easier today!

We rented some bikes and decided to cycle the Golden Gate Bridge. Being cold again today, we wrapped up nice and warm and headed off, past the piers, boats moured in the marina, the many runners, dog walkers and other cyclists... not exactly solitude!

As we approached the bridge there were a group of surfers in the water... I know - surfers... they must have been freezing - we're used to 30 degrees c water temperature now, the idea alone made us feel colder! What was funny was once they got out of the water, they stood in washing up buckets at the back of their SUV's and defrosted their feet! After watching the surfers for a while and the famous fog over the bridge came and went followed by more rain, we decided to continue on with our ride.

As you can imagine it was very undulating - as all of San Fran is, but a great ride. The bridge itself is a toll bridge, but obviously not for bikes, in fact it has a designated cycle lane due to all the cyclists who use the bridge on a regular basis.

Reaching the headland on the opposite side we were rewarded with a great down hill run for about a mile. We continued a little further to Sausalito a lovely little town - very posh and exclusive, where we had lunch. We had been cycling at a comfortable pace for about 2 and a half hours by this time and feeling a little raw in the knuckles and knees because of the cold so decided to grab a ferry (with the bikes) back to the city to continue touring San Fran.

After returning the bikes we took a cable car down the city (much cheaper then the open tour bus trips!) finally disembarking in Castro the gay district of the city- another great area for people watching - I will leave it to your imagination! Dan was a bit scared but did behave himself.

Taking the tram back to the central shopping district and continuing our walk of the city we started to get quite tired, we had covered so much in two days and as the sun set on the city we decided to call it quits for today!



Advertisement



1st March 2007

Hairdoo!
Dan just one comment after seeing your latest pictures. Get a haircut you hippy!
2nd March 2007

Curls
No cannot do that! Mum loves his curls.
2nd March 2007

Pictures
Gran needs input, where are the pictures?

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb