Reconfirmation...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
February 2nd 2007
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another 12 hours to go before we take off. This trip is going to be interesting because we have both been sick in the past couple of weeks and we have to see how we take to this much travel in the next few weeks. You never know unless you try 😊. Having said that, we are definitely looking forward to it.

For those inclined to dabble in numbers, here are some:
Days in vacation: 18
Number of countries: 5
Number of cities: 8 (atleast)
Number of different flights: 11
Number of different airlines: 6
Total miles roundtrip: 21100

Now for the reason behind the title of this post. One of the operational difficulties of such a plan is that one needs to call six different airlines to confirm 11 segments, not fun at all. Different numbers to call, different hours of operation, different confirmation numbers, different types of meal preferences, and worst of all, different weight limits. But more on the weighty consequences of that last point in a different post. And don’t even think of trying to get frequent flyer miles for all the segments.
As of this morning, barring Jet Airways and Indian Airlines, everyone else has been contacted for flight reconfirmation. As Stephen Colbert says …. “and that’s The Word”.


Advertisement



2nd February 2007

impressive!
rita, you're getting to be a pro at itinerizing! maybe you should consider moonlighting as a travel agent ;) Have a wonderful trip guys. Looking forward to reading your posts!
9th February 2007

Hey Guys, That was great. Enjoy your trip.

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb