Mustang Harry meet..... Mustang Sally!


Advertisement
Published: September 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Mustang Sally and Mustang Harry...



All Martin’s Christmases have come at once today... nothing to do with me.. I was hardly awake before he was showered dressed and raring to go... Todays the day he gets his Mustang finds his inner yankee doodle dandy and drives The Big Sur... our holiday takes a different turn from the madness of the city to the real America and the surf sea sand and scenery of The famous Big Sur!



Jackie and I were left to pack up our cases and find provisions for the journey. We packed and sat in the lobby and after an hour or so Mike texted to say the queue was fifty deep around the block and the boys would be a while, time for a bit of blog updating then...



Ok we had waited a good hour so decided it was time for breakfast We had been to Safeway and bought sandwiches and Pringles and juice for the car and I had seen an ihop a block or so away so we sneaked out for a bit of pancake indulgence. Scott had told me about Ihop and the cherries cream waffle was calling me... We stepped in and picked up the menu only to get a text form Mike to say they were back with the cars.. a little tense from the first attempt to cross San Francisco in the morning traffic. I could sense Martin was hungry (remember the pattern) and so Jackie and I nipped back to ihop and ordered some food. Due to Jackie’s advancement in years (ha ha ha...still makes me laugh) she was able to select from the 55+ menu...funny as .... I have the proof !!!



The hotel were keen for us to shift the cars and so we headed out of town drove past the lovely Pier 39 and pulled over so Martin could eat his Colorado omelette. It was huge and he enjoyed it all (because his considerate wife had told the chef at least 3 times to hold the peppers) . So it was Goodbye SF Hello San Jose


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb