Day 92


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

There were two san Francisco half marathon the first one that was full took you over the bridge so Philip has decided today to walk that route so he will have cover all 26.2 miles in two days and seen a large part of the city without sitting on open top bus maybe this could be our new career running tours of cities taking people on guided runs oh to dream.

We deviate slightly from the route to walk along the stunning coastal walk in the golden gate prom past lands end and along the beach which involves some pretty daunting coastal steps not what you need the day after a run. But the views of the bay are stunning and its pretty quiet up here as everyone is no doubt at Fisherman’s wharf buying tacky souvenirs.

Anyway as has been mention before Philip doesn’t like bridges to overcome this fear he has decided to cross over three of the most famous in the world we have conquered Sydney harbour now to arguably the worlds most famous the Golden Gate the guide tells us that crossing the bridge on foot isn’t easy as it is windy and the bridge vibrates oh joy. It does say its worth it for the views thou. I like to tell you we loved it but it was windy and the bridge does vibrates its 1.4 miles long so walking over and back was an experiences but we managed and got the pictures and the view was awesome.

Then onto Fisherman’s wharf and the sea lions at pier 39 and at the end of the pier the one major disappointment of the trip a perfect view of Alcatraz which we were pretty desperate to see but tours were booked out for the next week along time ago and this is the one thing to have escaped us. It would be churlish to moan thou as we have crammed a hell of a lot into the couple of days we been here send up to Monday evening we really had been living the dream we are on the red eye tonight and will wake up in the city that never sleeps as we get closer to home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb