San Francisco and beyond


Advertisement
Published: April 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in San Fran on friday and it was chucking it down. But we weren't going to let a bit of water stop the fun and games.
We found our Hostel which is very nice, pretty basic rooms but what more do you need than a bed and a bathroom?
The first night was great, me, Lisa and Frankie went for some food and found a bar where Andy and Mel could meet us. When they arrived it was catch up time, we haven't seen them for nearly a year so we had plenty to talk about. Talk turned to the coming weeks it was then I realised how lucky I am, this trip is gonna be sweet!

Our first full day in San Fran and the weather had cleared up, we walked down to the bay and mooched round a farmers market, taking time out to have lunch overlooking the Bay Bridge (not the Golden Gate, that's later).
We walked round the bay to Fishermans Wharf and checked out the tatt they sell there, think Blackpool but better.
Made our way up our first San Francisco hill to the Coit Tower, which gives a full 360 view of the city.

Making our way back we stumbled across a bar with a live jazz band, so we sat and chilled with a couple of beers. In here we got a recommendation for chinese restaurant in China town, this turned out to be a cracker, best chinese I've had for years.
All in all a great first day!

Day 2 and the rain was back with a vengance, apparently they've had one of the wettest starts to spring in years, typical!
Still we were in the mood for walking and that's exactly what we did!
We took in The Haight's, this area was the epicentre of the Summer of Love and flower power in 60's, now it's a nice area to eat and look round some shops. But there are some great buildings to see around here definitely got my first taste of the San Fran I've had in my head for many a year.
From here we made our way to The Castro area of town, this is the centre of gay life in San Francisco. Unfortunately it was Sunday so missed a local Sexcercise class where we could have learned how to WORK IT! :-*

What we have seen of San Fran so far has been really chilled and relaxed, next on the list is Alcatraz and a wine tour.

I will get back soon and hopefully find a computer where I can upload some pictures.

Hope you are all well

Paul


Ps If there is anyone you think would be interested in this let them know, I know I haven't put half of you EXOR lot on it so send the link out to those I've missed. Dad send it to aunty linda and brenda, hayley send it to those I haven't added!


Advertisement



9th April 2006

pauls travells
glad your enjoyin yourself paul.did you enjoy the rain.thought it would have been sunny.hope you got to your sexcercise class.have fun. will continue to read about your adventures..liz x
18th April 2006

West Side
Bo! Good to read the updates Paul, hope you and the crew are having a great time there. Get down to San Diego if you can - I hear it's stunning. Lots of fit chicks there too mate ;o) See you next Month in NYC-ya! BDT xx

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb