MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE ROSES!!!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Roseville
December 10th 2013
Published: December 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

CHRISTMAS 2013. FAST AWAY THE OLD YEAR PASSES, FA LA LA LA LA ETC!



We must be getting old because time just goes by way too fast.



Our move to California to be closer to family has proved to be the right one for us. We have enjoyed so many family events this year and spent lots of time watching our family grow.



The big news this year was the Hawaiian Wedding of Adam & Jessica. I am sure you already know their story, but they met in Singapore at age 4 and 5 and had last seen each other at age 7 & 8 when the Palumbo’s moved to Hong Kong. Fast forward 20 years, and as a result of one of our “newsy” Christmas letters they reconnected in Hawaii, began to date and married this year on March 8. They had a beautiful wedding at the Newman Center at the University of Hawaii and a lovely reception at the Modern Hotel, overlooking the water in Waikiki. What a special time for both families.



We spent time with the newlyweds again in June when they stopped in California on their way to and from their South African honeymoon. We were able to introduce Jessica to the West Coast side of the family at a fun party here in Sun City.



Ben & Jennifer bought their first home in Oakland in January. Little Henry, celebrating his first birthday on December 6, has taken over their lives and their hearts. He is ready to take his first steps and has been a joy to watch grow and learn. Not having to cross the bridge into San Francisco has shortened our commute to see them from 2+ hours to about 1 ¾ hours. Every minute counts when spending time with the grandkids!



Seattle has proved to be a frequent destination since moving here. A 12 hour car ride doable in one day with books on tape, or a 2 hour plane ride has enabled us to see so much more of Leslie, Tim and the boys as well as Dwight’s family. We were in Washington for Easter to celebrate Jack and Joe’s Baptism into the Catholic Faith at the Holy Saturday Vigil Mass. Then the boys came back with us to spend Spring Break in Roseville. We very quickly learned that Roseville is not just for old folks. We spent lots of time in the pool, as well as local playgrounds and museums. We were able to spend another week with the boys camping in Eastern Washington and Halloween in Seattle at their classroom parties as well as trick or treating.



When we are home, golf still takes up the bulk of our time. Dwight had his first HOLE IN ONE in February. After we had the doors widened to accommodate his growing ego, life returned to normal. He still plays almost every day and Joan plays 3 to 4 times a week. We have also become very involved in the Bocce club where Dwight has taken over running the mini leagues 3 times a year and Joan is Treasurer. We have made wonderful friends, and feel quite at home here.



Our list of visitors this year has diminished somewhat with the newness dying off but we still managed to host the Iowa relatives on their way to and from Hawaii for Adam’s wedding, as well as some Chicago friends and international friends from Finland. We always enjoy showing off our corner of the world and are learning more about the area around us. So please come and let us share it with you.





We wish you all a Merry, Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2014. Hope your travels bring you this way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb