Highway 35 West of Palo Alto


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Palo Alto
November 22nd 2008
Published: April 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Alice's RestaurantAlice's RestaurantAlice's Restaurant

Supposedly inspired by the Arlo Guthrie song by the same name. Check it out if you make it out that way. [url=http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/]Alice's Restaurant in Woodside[/url].
After watching the Michigan State vs. Penn State game at The Old Pro in Palo Alto, I took the recommendation from a Penn State alum to head West up to highway 35 for the good views up there. You can see West to the Pacific (on a clear day), and across the Bay East to say Hayward and North of San Jose. My Spartans did not fare well on that day. However, back in State College Pennsylvania where it had snowed earlier in the day and was the site of the game, was much colder than in Palo Alto. Felt like about 75 degrees in the mid day heat.

They claim The Old Pro is the best sports bar in the Bay area. They did have a lot of TVs there, and many games on at once.

I took a few photos before and around Sunset. After that, I drove 35 North back to San Francisco through all those trees. Wish I would have had some daylight to see that drive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Looking SouthLooking South
Looking South

The Pacific is off to the right hand side, and clouds over the water prevented you from seeing it this night.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Getting breezy and cool at the top of a hill where I took this photo.
Last lightLast light
Last light

The Pacific is right under those clouds ...


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb