Track our trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Palm Desert
December 8th 2009
Published: December 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are preparing to depart on an 86 day trip that will take us from Los Angeles to Ft Lauderdale aboard an old friend, The Regent Mariner. We lay over for five days in South Florida and then reboard the Mariner for the circumnavigation of South America.

If you would like to view our detailed itinerary it is available on the Regent website.

For the December 20 - January 5 trip from Los Angeles through the Panama canal it is http://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR091220/Itinerary.aspx.
For the 65 days around South America, the site is: http://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR100110B/Itinerary.aspx.

It is less than two weeks until we leave so we are starting to get quite organized. How does one pack for an 87 day trip? It's actually overwhelming and simple at the same time. We take clothes for touring in the really hot and really cold areas. Clothing on board and for siteseeing in moderate climates is pretty much what we need home; we take a 10-14 supply and have laundry done on the ship. Add a tux and a prom dress or two and we are in good shape for the dress up evenings on board. Shoes? now that is an entirely different topic!!

Well there you have it, I guess I am now a true blogger. Check back shortly after December 20 and I'll report on our departure and on board life.

Advertisement



22nd December 2009

Hi from Maine
Sorry to call during the life vest practice! You're lucky they didn't kick you overboard. Hope you are settling in and starting to enjoy a well deserved period of relaxation. Love, Sid and John

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb