You can never get too much SUNSHINE !!!


Advertisement
Published: April 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The "PARK MODEL" ....   a new adventure for us. The "PARK MODEL" ....   a new adventure for us. The "PARK MODEL" .... a new adventure for us.

Other years when we have stayed in the Palm Springs area we have rented a condo .... so this "park model" was a new experience for us ..... and we've come to enjoy it. All the extra facilities is what "sold" us on the idea.













We arrived back in La at the end of February to more warm ocean breezes and sunshine.


After a couple days at the Ocean we headed inland to Palm Springs area.



We had planned on renting a condo for the month of March but after spending a couple days searching the local papers and billboards in the area we settled on a "park model" ( a permenant mobile home with a yard and a place for our RV ) in a resort in Cathedral City called DESERT SHADOWS. The many features that were available to the residents sealed it for us:



2 Large & Well-Maintained Clubhouses Plus 3 More Satellite Clubhouses
An Indoor Pool With Large Spa & Co-Ed Sauna
Olympic-Size Lap Pool
Total of 6 Pools, 5 Spas & 3 Saunas
Sunken, Lighted Tennis courts
Indoor Shuffleboard Pavilion

16,000 Square Foot San Jacinto Room with Floating Hardwood Dance Floor, Professional Stage and Large Kitchen
3,000 Square foot "Our Gang" Party Room & Lounge With Giant Fireplace & Kitchen
Huge Party Terrace With Mountain Views
Fully Equipped Fitness Center

Dance Studio
Library
Billards Room
Horseshoe Pits
Several Laundries, Restroom & Bath Facilities
Card & Hobby Room
Putting Green
Woodworking Shop
Gas Barbecue Picnic Areas
Free WiFi, Broadband and Dialup available in "Our Gang" clubhouse


*************************************************



Sooooooooooooo ..... we moved in on March first. The unit had lots of room and we were quite pleased with the layout and the proximity to all the facities ..... especially the pools ...... and billards room for Del.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The back yard even came with a nesting hummingbird ....   two eggs and after about 10 days .... acouple little birdlets. The back yard even came with a nesting hummingbird ....   two eggs and after about 10 days .... acouple little birdlets.
The back yard even came with a nesting hummingbird .... two eggs and after about 10 days .... acouple little birdlets.

We were amazed at how tame the mother bird was hovering around us as we ate on the patio table about six feet from the nest. When I went to get the pictures of the eggs though .... she just about attacked me ..... it was actually quite frightening. .... for such a little bitty thing !!!!
VillageFest in Palm Springs VillageFest in Palm Springs
VillageFest in Palm Springs

Every Thursday night they close off some streets in Palm Springs downtown and set up booths with arts and crafts and freah fruit, veggies and flowers. Great fun !!!
The Desert Shadows " bike group" The Desert Shadows " bike group"
The Desert Shadows " bike group"

Every Wednesday at 11 o'clock our bike group headed for a resterant to try a new lunch place. Some days we'd only bike 5 or 6 miles each way .... other days maybe as much as 22 miles in all. Either way it's a great way to see the area. We loved it !!!
Biking the Golf Courses  Biking the Golf Courses
Biking the Golf Courses

Many of the golf courses in Palm Springs area have a bike path running right through them. What wonderful scenery ....... you can't beat it !!!!
On the way to " Ol' Country Buffet" On the way to " Ol' Country Buffet"
On the way to " Ol' Country Buffet"

One day we decided to bike to a buffet in Palm Desert from Cathedral City ......... about 20 miles. On the way we happened upon this field of flowers right by the bike path ....... couldn't resist a picture.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb