Now for something completely different.


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a late night last night we started the day slowly and arrived in Monterey around midday. After all the snowy mountains, lakes and spectacular scenery today we were doing something completely different.

. We had been given 2 tickets for the aquarium there. As we love snorkelling we were looking forward to seeing things at close quarters. The aquarium didn't disappoint us, on the first floor was a huge tank with fish of all sizes including Hammerhead shark and huge Tuna fish. On the floor above was the same tank so you could see the varieties that tended to swim near the surface. We then discovered there was a floor below where we could see the bottom feeders.

In addition to the big tank there were smaller tanks filled with tropical fish, squid, and cuttle fish. There was also a huge octopus clinging onto the side of a tank.

Of course the tropical fish were our favourite, reminded us of our recent trip to S.E. Asia.

After walking around the aquarium for 3 hours we hit the road again only to find all roads were choked up with Friday afternoon traffic. We had planned to go to Pinnacles National Park but gave up all ideas of that and headed for a motel in Salinas. There was a family restaurant nearby so after a nice evening meal we settled down for an early night before the long drive planned tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Tropical fishTropical fish
Tropical fish

This makes me feel at home! Reminds me of Kapas


7th June 2014
squid

What a great picture
I am glad you enjoyed the Aquarium; it is a very special place. Nice to see it in the blogs.

Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb