Santa Barbara to Monterey


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we travelled up the pacific coast road on the California State Route 1 from Santa Barbara to Monterey.

On the journey we stopped off at a town called Solvang, which is built in the style of a Danish town (including windmills). We had ice creams and really enjoyed the day. It reminded me a little of some of the places in Germany we visited during the 4 years we lived there during my childhood.

We also stopped off to see elephant seals basking on the pacific shore line. There must have been around 50 seals within a few hundred yards and was an amazing experience. There are a couple of photos of the seals included in this blog entry. On one of the photos you'll be able to see the seal flicking sand over its back.

The hotel in Santa Barbara was wonderful; however the hotel in Monterey certainly isn't as nice. We're here for only 1 night before taking the short drive to San Fransisco tomorrow for 3 nights.

On the way to San Francisco tomorrow (7th), we're planning to go to the famous Pebble Beach golf course as it is less than 10 miles from our hotel. I won't be playing - I'm just looking forward to seeing the course.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb