Last day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
August 27th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Here it is - the last day of the big trip! It's been better even than I expected it would be.

San Francisco has been great - need to come back here to do some more exploring.

Yesterday we did the Golden gate bridge (in the fog!); Union Square; Haight street (very bohemian and hippy, right up my street...); and of course the trams! In the evening went to Alcatraz, which was fabulous - really eerie in the fog; got some great photos. Apparently, it's always foggy in the Bay area in summer - ah well, never mind.

Today we drove down the coast through San Jose (do you know the way?); past silicon valley (1st silicon chip invented); to Monterey, a lovely place, made famous by John steinbeck's novels. Bought a copy of Cannery Row to read on the plane - he based it around Monterey & I bought it in the store in the novel!
Saw some seals and sea otters, then drove on down to Carmel - where Clint used to be Mayor. Wasn't at all like I imagined - tiny place!
Also stopped off at Pebble Beach golf course - 19th hole only - where the rich and famous play. Nice enough.

So only remains to have a last explore around before flying at 5pm tomorrow. It's been fab - just a pity I wasn't able to upload many pics. Most place with internet access only let you have access to a monitor and keyboard/mouse!

I guess I am ready to come home now - sad for it to end, but got to get back to plan the next adventure!!

See you all soon

Ruby




Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb