A Horseback Ride along the Pacific Coast


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Mendocino
October 11th 2006
Published: October 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

MacKerricher SP, CA to Mendocino to Van Damme SP


October 11, 2006, Wednesday. MacKerricher SP is a great campground with a beach, and horse trails. Most days start out cold around 40ish but the temp climb, after the AM fog to the high 60’s, quite pleasant.
After breakfast, we biked to the stables and got our instructions for the ride. We rode “Seago” and “Chardonnay” to the Pacific coast, WOW! The seals were sunning themselves, and the ocean was crashing against the surf, as we clomped along the beach. Our horses were docile, until we started back toward the stables, then they got frisky! There are definitely specific muscles used for horseback riding, we haven’t used in a while. As I slid off the horse my legs felt like rubber. We returned our riding helmets and replaced them with out biking helmets. Controlling my bike is lots easier than controlling “Chardonnay”.
Our next stop was Fort Bragg. For this area it is a busy town. Would you believe Bob found a brewery? The North Coast Brewery. They also had wine; we are into CA wine country now. They had a nice restaurant and we enjoyed a good meal.
October 12, 2006, Thursday. Mendocino is a small neat town with a lovely art center, and lots of shops. We wandered around the town most of the day, and then drove to the headlands to just sit, read and watch the seals, the surf, and the pelicans. This is a tough life.
We drove to Van Damme SP our stop for the night, it was basically empty. Down on the beach we enjoyed the sunset. Hope you like the photos.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

This little birdie has only one foot, but he was a feisty guy.This little birdie has only one foot, but he was a feisty guy.
This little birdie has only one foot, but he was a feisty guy.

We sat and watched this little guy hop around and eating
A statue on the Mendocino BankA statue on the Mendocino Bank
A statue on the Mendocino Bank

Father time,the hour glass of Trainsience,the Weeping Maiden,the anininent of Her hair, the Acacia Branch and the sacred Urn, Book of Light


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb