LAX to the mountains


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Mammoth Lakes
February 14th 2013
Published: February 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Although really day two of the trip, or is it three? the whole date line thing is a bit like breaching the time space continuum, anyway that aside, today feels a little like the start of the holiday. The jet lag may have something to say about it later but five am seems like an almost reasonable time to be getting up. it is minus 5 outside, there is snow on the ground and not a cloud in the sky. Today will be one for the bluebirds. Naturally everyone else is asleep, all of them chemically assisted no doubt. I had a little assistance from acouple of glasses of Mammoth Paranoid Pale Ale which seemed apposite, went to bed at about 9 pm and had a dream that involved work. I wonder if more or less alcohol would help?

Up here at over 10,000 feet one needs to be a little careful, the zero humidity and the altitude are not ideal to combine with alcohol, but from the lack of sound from the others the effect on tamazapin is negligable.

Today we hit Mammoth, it is a stand alone mountain in the Sierra Nevadas, and what a fine mountain it looks too. There is over 5 metres of base but no fresh snow for a few days so it lokks like it will be a day on the groomers. Best not to get too adventurous on day one I guess.

I'll take the little Cannon up the hill and check it out tonight, so possibly some pics will be entered.

Valentines day and time to go maasacre some diamonds!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb