Day 5, The happiest place on Earth


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
December 11th 2012
Published: December 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day five, Temp. 22 degrees

Today we had somewhat of a sleep in. We woke up at 7am and got ready for our 8.45 am pick up from Starline tours, for our shuttle to Disneyland. The drive seemed to go on forever, almost 45 mins away i would say plus we had to stop at the Starline office to pick up our tickets so we arrived close to 10.30. A huge place, we didnt know where to start. We walked down the main street, each side lined with shops full of disney souveneers. Then we decided to go right to Tomorrowland, and follow the worlds around. It took us a while to warm up wanting to go on any rides. we saw so many, but decided to start on the Tea Cups. It was just what we needed to get the feeling for wanting to do more rides. We then walked through to Looney Tune town, a cute street of goofy and friends houses and buisnesses.

Then we moved onto Western town, and went on the mountain ride, a small rollercoaster, we really enjoyed that. Then we went for a ride on the huge river boat that went around the middle of Tom Sawyer island. Next we decided to head to Splash Mountain. The start of a very fun afternoon. This was the best ride there, and it took a photo as you go down the steepest hill. The whole ride is in wooden logs, floating in a river. To say you get wet is an understatement. We ended up going on the ride 4 times!! we were so wet and cold by the end of the day we really regretted that last ride. After this we went to Indiana Jones ride. We in a jeep and it was going through a temple, the ride was rough, we think we may have some bruses after this ride!! Next up we headed to the main street where the Christmas Street parade was just finishing. It was so hard to get anywhere now, there were people everywhere, watching the parade or trying to leave the park. we decided to visit some of the shops on the main street before our pick up time of 7pm. The ride home seemed to take forever, we were all tired and ready to get back to our hotels. I fell asleep for about 30 minutes, im becoming good at these power naps! :P When we got back to the hotel we decided on room service as we didnt want to go out anywhere, then to bed early ready for Universal VIP tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



12th December 2012

nice ears
good day to you travellers seams like you could take to the place nice ears Emma and is the ride like the one we took in New Zealand going down in to water but we didnt get wet like you said. When I get they are there good rides for us oldies just kidding. The weather looks good but must be cold they not long to start you contiki girls talk soon love mum.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb