Day 4, Welcome to Hollywood


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
December 10th 2012
Published: December 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Temp: 23 Degrees



We started our day super early this morning, 3am, for our 6:3apm flight to sunny Los Angeles. LA has thrown us a few of curve balls today, a unexpected bag check charge, a missing airport shuttle & a race Warner Bros Studio, but itended up being a great day.

Our flight from San Francisco was only 50 minutes, but LAX is so busy that it took us nearly 30 minutes to taxi the terminal, once inside we raced to collect our luggage before heading to find our shuttle. After a failed search & phone call to the company we discovered they they weren't notified of our flight time. By now it was 8:30am so we hope in a cab and head to the hotel, by this time the LA treffice was getting crazy busy, our eyes became fixed to our watches.We arrive at then Cowne Plaza Beverliy Hills with just 40mins to get to Warner Bros Studio. We check-in and then dump our bags in the room & race into a waiting cab. BEST CAB DRIVER EVER, we made it to the studio with 5 minutes to spare with for our check-in time. The VIP Warner Bros Studio tour was great, we got to ride on one of those golf cart trolleys in & around the back lots, walk onto 'The Mentalist' set, visit the live taping set og Two & a Half Men visit their musuem, courtesy of our tour guide Justin. After walking around out side of the studios for 30minutes we were finally able to catch a cab to our next destination, The Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Another great cab drive, he acted as our tour guide and showed us some of the sites, the 'Hollywood' sign, a great view from the the hills of the city, The Hollywood Bowl & even tips on going to Universal Studio's. We Soon arrived out our next destination, Grauman's Chinese Theatre & the Hollywood walk of fame. Outside the theatre was great, amazing we could have spent ages there, encompassed in the rich history of hundreds of actor's feet & hand prints it was just beatiful. As we stepped ou on the the Hollywoods Stars on the boulevard we we swammed but people trying to see the siteseeing tour, and others trying to scam you for moneyby giving you their CD's then asking for a "donation", it really had us wanting to get out of there ASAP. We quiclky made our way along the 2 sided of the streets looking at all the Hollywood Greats stars, then grabbed a cab back to the hotel.

A quick freshen up and we were back out there to explore the city. We desided to catch the bus down to Santa Monica Pier & Check out the sites. A bus fare here is only $1, and the bus was right out side or Hotel & dropped us off at the pier. We missed out of being able to go on the Ferris Wheel as the park was closing at 7pm, so we walked up & down the Pier stopping in the arcade & visisting Bubba Gump Shrimp and then strolled along the beach. Then before you know it we out of there in a bus back to the hotel to enjoy a nice dinner in their resturant.

Then up to bed to get some rest ready for the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



11th December 2012

enjoying the pics
just checking to the site to see the next adventure my girls are on unbelievable the places you are seeing I am glad you saw John Waynes star and Judy sheindlin (judge Judy) I didnt know she had a star I would be there looking for ages. keep up the photos and I love skype its like you are next door love you both xxxooomum
11th December 2012

Great Holiday
Awesome photos. Looks like you are having a great time. Keep up the good work and keep enjoying yourselves. All the best from Angus.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb