Mustang o clock


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 21st of July I was very tired today having stayed up washing my clothes and stupidly watched a scary film before bed didn't really sleep very well. But we had to be up and ready to go to hertz to pick up our car for the last leg of the trip in California. We got up early to get the free shuttle to the airport because we didn't want to pay for extortionate taxi journey. LAX airport is absolutely massive so we had to wait for another free shuttlebus just take it to the hertz lot. By now it was about 11 o'clock, we queued line for another quarter of an hour. When I turned finally came and walked over to the desk we were called to. Sat behind the desk was a goblin. I thought I was in gringots bank in Harry Potter land. The man was around 5 foot tall, had pointy ears, penny shaped glasses and a receding hairline with stubby fingers. The chair he was sat on was about the same height as him. This was obviously made for much amusement when he had to climb off and on. This said Matthew turned out to be the biggest legend that I have met in my entire trip. Michael and I walked into hertz wanting the cheapest worst piece of crap tin box with wheels that would get us from A to B without breaking down and not cost us too much in fuel. We spent two and half hours talking to Matthew blagging for a better deal here and there. In the end we walked out with a convertible mustang in black for two weeks. On arrival to our new car we all had to change our underwear and carry our jaws from hitting the floor. It was the best present we could give ourselves for the last two weeks in America. And we all said we should probably give Matthew a glowing review for his contribution to this. Once we got the Mustang we were to drop Karl off at the hostel in Hermosa beach he had booked. Atfirst driving a Mustang was well..... Scary. I had faith in Michaels ability to drive just it was his first time on the wrong side of the road the car was mega powerful and the standard of driving in America is crap. It's as if the silly bugger society were out on the road constantly. That said I was chief navigator so what could go wrong. And before you start crapping yourselves I got a B in geography GCSE. We arrived in most of each unscathed and parked up in a car park with Broadwalk burger shop like from Atlanta. While we were in there Karl went up to the hostel to sort out his room. His plan for the next 20 days is to stay in Hermosa Beach, Long Beach, Los Angeles and just relax and spend as little as possible as he spent way too much money in las Vegas. While he was gone Michael and I got talking it seems stupid that we were leaving Karl on his own when he might as well come and enjoy himself with us. We both can believe that we hadn't thought of that sooner. And when he came back we told him that he should come with us. He also thought this was a good idea from what we had seen from Hermosa so far was that it was a sleepy little beach town. There had been a volleyball tournament on for the past week but it was about to end. Karl agreed to come with us, he thought he would go insane if you stayed there for 20 days. The hostel was okay but it definitely wasn't one of the nicest ones. Michael and I booked ourselves in for one night stay there before we would all go off to San Fran the next day. After we booked ourselves in the hostel we would have nothing to do. The we all heard that the New Batman movie had come out that day. So we asked some locals where the nearest cinema was that we could drive to. The girls we asked were accompanied by the mother she remained sat down as the two girls came over to see us in our Mustang. The mother didn't seem very impressed, obviously the sight of three young handsome English boys that obviously had a rebellious bad ass streak talking and flirting with her daughters in a powerfull convertable didnt appeal to her better nature. Slag she had blaitenly done somthing similar in her youth. But we got her directions and set off unfortunately no ladies to go with us. The IMAX part of the cinema for the movie was completely booked out. So we saw it in the normal version, it was still amazing. My favourite part was when we spotted a Greyhound bus in the film it drove out in front of a large truck then got obliterated. This was the best and funniest part of the entire movie Karl Michael and myself all laughed and cheered. The best thing I've ever seen a greyhound do was be smashed by massive army truck. The rest the film is really good as well I am a fan of the latest Batman trilogy. But we were in America. At almost the end of the film a ripple of clapping began. What a load of idiots it was a good film but who claps at batman really. We drove back and had to park about a mile away from the hostel it was the only place in the area that had free parking. It was okay though we had paid for insurance on the car so we might as well use it. When we got back to the hostel we all got changed and went out to check out the bars in the surrounding area. Like I said before Hermosa is a very sleepy town with a surfer type culture that wasn't a vibrant crowd going out into the bars getting drunk. Most people just sat on the beach getting stoned or casting the fishing rods off the pier. Anyway we went Into a bar that was only just around the corner from the hostel. It was quite cool because there was a UFC fight on that night that have been advertised for a long time. We all three of us decided to go in and check it out. Two Guinnesses and one lager later we were watching the UFC and chatting to a group of ladies sat next to us. They initiated conversation it started out because they heard accents and enquired about where we were from. So we told him not talking them the ever ominous question came towards us. So how old are you? And the best way to reply to this question is guess. The reason for this is because you do not want seem to young our not too old. You want to be just right for the person sat opposite you obviously you know if someone is way older. Anyway she asked, the first guess was 24 I replied yes that's right then Karl said I'm 25 and Michael gunned for 23. When we finally enquired about her age we were shocked to find out she was 34. You couldn't tell, she was Brazilian and she looked about 28 max. Unfortunate we didn't look at her dog like friends they would've given away her age quite easily. I'm afraid not even a pint of Guinness could've deceived my eyes when I looked at these women. No beer goggles tonight and the conversation was drawn short. We just focused on watching the fight. We all didn't really feel like drinking so we nursed our one beer and went back to the hostel. It was getting late so we lay there casually drifting off to sleep. Then about 12:30 at night in came the 'surfer dude German'. Shaggy long blond curly windswept hair. And the ridiculous goatee beard. When he came in we automatically realised he was flying higher than the highest kite in Mary Poppins. He tried to chat to us for awhile and not to be rude we chatted back. I mean he wasn't dangerous he far to far from this planet to harm anyone. He resembled a hippy in the way he moved and how slowly he talked. While he was talking to us he started to roll another spliff in the middle of the floor. And then strolled back out to the beach to smoke it and fly higher than Bob. And better yet just before he left, he said he was going up to San Francisco. Turns out after checking the hostel he mentioned it was the same one we had already booked but he wouldn't be there for a few days!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb