Los Angeles, California


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Los Angeles, the city of angels….

There is definitely plenty to do and see in the city. We stayed in Hollywood, and as glamorous as we pictured it to be, to be honest…. Well it could really do with a facelift of its own. A really ‘out there’ place equipped with some REALLY ‘out there’ kinda people. Mostly backpacking hippies, begging or busking for money on the streets. But the streets/footpaths and buildings are really rundown and a makeover is well overdue. You would assume they would want to spend money on it considering the amount of tourism they get.

Of course we did the typical ‘Walk of Fame’, down Hollywood Boulevard to check out the stars with all the ultra-famous celebrity names. Also the ‘cliché and corny’ open bus tour to the celebrity homes along Mullholland Drive and in the super duper expensive Beverly Hills. You should see the mansions in this place, UNBELIEVABLE!! A little surreal to know that you were driving past the houses of Jennifer Lopez, Brittany, David Beckham, Tom Cruise, Hugh Hefner, Justin Timberlake etc etc even though the reality is that most of these celebs have more then one house and its pretty unlikely to see any of them there….

We also visited the Universal Studios over 2 days, seeing the set of Desperate Housewives, and where many other famous Movies have been made like Jaws, back to the future etc etc. As well as going on all the rides, that was pretty cool. The special effects on the rides are incredible, the theme parks in QLD have nothing in comparison. A must do if visiting LA. Then you have the Guinness World Records museum, Rodeo Drive, Kodak Theatre (where the Academy Awards are held) and The Sunset strip- the Hollywood night scene.

One of the best experiences though would have had to be attending an American Baseball game. It was Los Angeles Dodgers against the Atlanta Braves, and boy do the Americans take this game seriously!! What an atmosphere, and just like in the movies with the Hot Dogs, Nachos, Cotton Candy and Beer. The dishes here are relativley cheap and they are HUGE... You dont need to upsize anything here as everything is refillable or already big enough. Beer at the convienience stores are only like $2 ea.

We travelled down to the ultra crazy Venice beach.... Man are there some nut jobs down there. Mostly everyone is stoned off their faces as marijuana is legal for medicinal purposes and of course, well everyone has a problem 😊

San Francisco next xx

Love ya'll

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb