Published: September 22nd 2007September 22nd 2007
These are in no particular order but they are things I wrote in my journal...
1. The conservation of enegy and water are quite consistent in Europe
2. Germans are recycle Nazi's but I like it. The CRV they are charged on beverage containers it near 75 cents US so it only makes sense to recylce it to get the money back.
3. People under 35 are more likely to speak English
4. Sometimes you can see more in life when you sit back and watch life happen
5. Travel is not all about seeing the sites and monuments, it is about discovering and creating experiences and memories
6. The world is smaller than we think it is and it all lies in the palm of our hands.
7. Europeans seem to have worse teeth than the average American (no offense to my European friends), yet there are many many exceptions
8. In general Europeans think that being a vegetarian is obsurd
9. European dogs are almost never on a leash, they can go to restaurants, ride busses and trains and they rule the neighborhood. They follow their owner rather than being led by them and they seem a lot less aggressive than American dogs. They could care less about other humans and usually about other dogs as well, although they give the occassional hello.
10. Portuguese people are crazy drivers
11. Nectarines in Europe are more fragant and flavorful
12. Europeans peel their peaches
13. Garlic goes on everything
14. The US dollar sucks
15. Don't sweat the small stuff, in the end it is all small stuff...
16. have faith and stay hopeful and most likely things will work out
17. You get places a lot fast when you ask for directions (MEN!!!!!)
18. People are generally willing to help you if they can understand that you need it
19. Not using the same system of measurement as the rest of the world is the stupidest and most confusing thing ever
20. Europeans like to discuss why you are overweight or to atleast make a comment about it
21. Europeans are more liberal with sexuality (boobs everywhere)
22. I do not know enough about my own city/state/country (population, transportation, politics and tourism)
23. I hate maps but I have gotten better at reading them
There is much more but that is just the list I made on the airplane and my brain is not functioning well enough to think of more right now!