Work Week One


Advertisement
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here's where we're located.Here's where we're located.Here's where we're located.

The flooding happened around the Malibu area, so you can see that's quite a ways from us.

(Victory Ranch)

I don’t have a group picture to show you yet, but we are going to take one Sunday, so I’ll introduce everyone then.

The women have been painting the upstairs of the office building, which is a hotel that was built in the 1880s. They don’t use the upstairs for guests, as it doesn’t meet code, but it is used for storage, and can be seen from the lobby where the guests enter. The wood work is gorgeous~~that old kind that has so much character. The paint really makes the woodwork stand out.

The men are planting trees where some of them were blown down, as well as roofing…well they’re not really roofing yet, but they are prepared for the shingles to arrive. They stripped the old ones, and then tried to talk us into picking them up! We didn’t go for it even for a minute! They didn’t offer us dinner out or anything, just tried to say that it would probably be a welcome change for us!! We may be slow, but we’re not stupid!

Every time we drive into camp I’m surprised at how pretty this valley is….can you believe I’m
Green grass!Green grass!Green grass!

Was I kidding?!
saying that after how I whined in November?! The fields of grain (mostly oats, we think) are growing so fast, and the mountains around us are getting a gentle coat of green…it’s just really pretty.

I’ll show you…..



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

When the guys were raking When the guys were raking
When the guys were raking

the broken branches in November, Bob commented that he'd never raked dirt before ...but look at it now! When the grass isn't green, it isn't even above the soil. It doesn't turn brown like ours, it just plain disappears. The building on the right is where we have devotions, socials, and sewing. (eating is included with two out of three of those!)
There's just sooo much to say There's just sooo much to say
There's just sooo much to say

about this picture! What's Bob doing hiding behind the post? Why do you have to over 12 to watch them? Why are they inside the pen, and the cow is outside? Is that really the best place to put another post? I think the guys need a woman to supervise them!
ThereThere
There

our RVs~~to be more accurate, it doesn't run, it either gushes, or just exists. But after the last rain, this is what it looks like...the sand washed down from the mountain behind us. The creek definitely isn't as deep as it used to be!
This is under the bridge thatThis is under the bridge that
This is under the bridge that

was made using a container. Aren't the water patterns pretty?
Hey, it's my blog, so I get to pickHey, it's my blog, so I get to pick
Hey, it's my blog, so I get to pick

the pictures! This one shows how fast the water was coming. The sand is hard enough to walk on now!


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb