Luke's 12th Birthday


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Luke's birthday sing a long 39 secs
Luke turned 12 today, so after picking up greetings from family via text and on our blog we set off on the freeways to Sherman Oaks Castle Park and the baseball batting cages. Wow doesn'e even a 40 mph baseball seem very fast and hard to hit. We all had a go with our supplied helmets and bats, then after a few root beers and pink lemonades we headed for the DASH boutique, of Kardashian family fame, in Calabasas which fortunately was closed Sunday but gave opportunities for photos outside. We then toured over the scenic Mulholland Drive which runs over the Hollywood hills and stretched our legs with the dog-walking, jogging population in Runyon Canyon Park.

Then a big surprise, we took the kids to Six Flags Magic Mountain theme park North of LA in Valencia for a sunny warm and sometimes drenching experience amidst Looney Toons and DC Characters rides some of which were a tad high. Too high for the present author who was content to ride on Ellie's choices.

After 4 hours we headed out and found Luke's choice of eatery...McDonalds before joining very heavy night-time traffic back to hotel with sleep taking over amongst
A birthday treat A birthday treat A birthday treat

kids at the batting cages
the little ones.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb