Long Weekend in Long Beach, CA


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

5/31/2014 DAY ONE:

We flew on JetBlue from Las Vegas to Long Beach early Saturday morning. The Long Beach airport is so small and easy to navigate. The baggage claim is outside and it was a breeze to walk out to the shuttle pick up area. We braved the shuttle ride on the 405 Highway (crazy traffic) and arrived at our hotel (Renaissance Long Beach) by 8:30am. To our surprise, the room was ready and we were able to check in early. We threw our bags in the room and went out looking for a breakfast place. We walked up Pine Street on our search....and saw a film crewing filming a Lexus commercial. We found The Omelet Inn about 3 blocks away. The food was just ok but in fairness we had been up since 4am with little sleep the night before.



We loved our hotel. The rooms were renovated recently and everything was beautiful. We were treated like royalty during our stay. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again.



We then walked to shopping area known as "The Pike". We found a $1.00 book store....OMG. They had everything under the sun. Kim was thrilled and I was impressed that she only bought 3 books. We then watched Maleficent at the Cinemark theatre. I thought the movie was very enjoyable and not what I expected.



We walked around the area a while longer and noticed a lot of people in costumes. Turns out the Long Beach Comic Con was being held at the convention center across the street. We saw everyone from Batman to Captain America. It was very entertaining.



Then we had dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery which was across the street from our hotel. Kim has been wanting to try a hamburger with a fried egg on top....and luckily this place had one. It was called the "2am Burger" and she loved it. We were so tired from our day of travel that we went back to hotel to relax and get ready for Sunday....our first full day of sight seeing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Our hotelOur hotel
Our hotel

Renaissance Long Beach corner of Pine/Ocean
The PikeThe Pike
The Pike

View from 2nd floor of The Pike shopping area
Cinemark TheatresCinemark Theatres
Cinemark Theatres

We saw Maleficent matinee on Saturday
Long Beach Convention CenterLong Beach Convention Center
Long Beach Convention Center

The convention center was hosting a Comic Con and we saw tons of great costumes.


7th June 2014
"2am Burger" at Rock Bottom Brewery

Looks Good!
Would you get the 2am Burger again? Did you like the egg on top?

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb