Ready to depart


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok. So its 2:30 in the morning and my brother is driving me to the airport at 6:30 am. Are we working to finish what we need to do? No, we are setting up this cool blog so folks can follow my trip with Sarah to Japan and China. Amazing the new ways I come up with to procrastinate.

As a preview here is a quick itinerary of the weeks ahead.

Mon. July 24 - Depart LAX for San Francisco then on to Osaka, Japan (12 hour flight).
Tues. July 25 - Arrive at 4pm in Osaka, Japan
Wed., July 26 - Travel to Kyoto (old Japanese capital)
Thurs., July 27 - Kyoto
Fri., July 28 - Train to Fukuoka, Japan (3-4 hours from Kyoto)
Sat., July 29 - Fly to Beijing (capital of China located in the north)
Sun., July 30 - Beijing and the Great Wall
Mon., July 31 - Beijing and overnight train to Xi'an (14 hours West)
Tues., Aug 1 - Xi'an and the terra cotta warriors
Wed., Aug 2 - Xi'an and overnight train toward Shanghai (16 hours Southeast)
Thurs., Aug 3 - Suzhou
Fri., Aug 4 - Shanghai
Sat., Aug 5 - Shanghai
Sun., Aug 6 - Shanghai - Intrepid trip ends
Mon., Aug 7 - Shanghai (just an extra day to do whatever)
Tues., Aug 8 - Flight to Fukuoka (pick up Sarah's luggage)
Wed., Aug 9 - Depart from Fukuoka, to Tokyo, to LAX to Tucson

Hopefully we will find internet connection along the way and are able to upload pictures and brief summaries of our travel. If not, this will be a pretty boring site to follow!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb