Day 83: Disneyland


Advertisement
Published: April 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The day has dawned for Bree as we set off at 9.00 for Disneyland, just across the street, the crowds even at that time are huge but organised. Entering the park was like entering another world, to coin a cliché and deciding what to do was quite a challenge. During the day the crowds got even larger if that was possible and as we had to leave at 4.00 we had to rush somewhat. With the rides done we left the park to return to the hotel to shower and change for the evenings festivities, a trip to Medieval Times, a show and meal spectacular located at Buena Park some 10 minutes from our Hotel. The dinner and show were spectacular and comprised of a Medieval show with horses and knights and mock battles and a dinner eaten with utensils of the times, hands and fingers. The show started as we were seated by our servant for the evening and we were treated to the best and to be honest only knights and shining armour I have ever seen. The joust tournament was real with timber lances being used and shattering on impact with the opposing rider, we saw at least three massive contacts and two riders were completely un-horsed. The meal was huge and consisted of a half a chicken, spare ribs, roast potatoes, garlic bread and a pastry for dessert. The evening finished around 9.00 and then it was back to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.2956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb