Redwood National Park/State Park


Advertisement
Published: October 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Redwood NP


We traveled south on Rt. 101 along the coast with incredible views. Huge boulders are just sprinkled in the ocean accepting the beating of the waves, it was a beautiful scene.
After a brief stop at the Visitor’s Center of the Redwood National Park/State Park in Crecent City, CA. We continued driving to Prairie Creek, State Park., where we registered for two days. No amenities, but we don’t need them. We are quite self-sufficient.
October 8, 2006. We were up early and our first thing was, to get ready for our hike through the pristine Redwood Forest clear to the Pacific Coast. It is a 10mile + hike, with lots of ups and downs. There was something breathtaking about seeing the majestic trees of 300+ feet and well over 1000 years old. The forest is lush and the streaks of sunlight manage to penetrate the tree branches. The hike was about 2 s hours each way but it was an exhilarating. My feet were tired by the time we got back, and it was good to take off my boots! Just saying, Redwood Forest, will evoke the images, the sounds, the smells, and the feelings we had privately and jointly. Some of Bob’s photos are awesome, hope you like them.
By 2ish we were on our way down the highway and spent the night at a KOA in Eureka.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



17th October 2006

Hey - great pictures. It brings back wonderful memories with Steve and Susan. We went to Basin who had 1 tree supposedly 2000 years +. I just could not image. It was spectacular. I was shocked at the visable fire damage from 100 years ago! Keep us posted. Patty
18th October 2006

a beautiful part of the USA
We have traversed that road and it is unforgetable. Keep enjoying and be well. I am in KS. Heidi is doing v. well so I will return to PGH to workon the election this friday. Cheers

Tot: 0.624s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 35; qc: 178; dbt: 0.228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb